Friday, May 28, 2010

June 12, 1972: Graduation and Proposal


Today was my high school graduation, and it was one heck of a day.
As I walked up to the stage to receive the one piece of paper that would change my life, Principal William shook my hands and told me "Yes, David, you will do great things". After that, I couldn't help but feel a warm blanket of joy and jubilant envelop me. The crowds of proud family members, the sound of joy and jubilation, and the shower of green graduation caps raining down as the ceremony ended truly made this a memorable day. I have waited for this moment for four years, and it couldn't be better.


If the three words "High", "School", and "Graduation" weren't enough to express my happiness, I proposed to Tracy on that same night. We were down by Rainy River sitting by the creek and thinking about our lives after graduation. She was accepted to University of California, Los Angeles, and I was on my way up to Brown. As the sun started to set, I drew out the box and proposed. She said, "Yes, I will."

Two "yes" in one day, could my life get any better than that?








No comments:

Post a Comment